Have you ever thought about all of the women in your life who have influenced you?
I sat down a few days ago to think about this and was overwhelmed by how long the list was! I have been adding to my list daily since then as God brings to mind more and more names, stories and memories. These strong Christian women have shaped my life in so many ways through the years. Looking back, I can see that God was there, using all of them in one way or another. Little things like encouraging me to have confidence in myself and to be that daughter of the King that I was created to be.
In Paul’s letter to the Philippians he writes;
“I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Jesus Christ.”
Philippians 1:3 (NIV)
I thank my God every time I remember you. Phillipians 1:3 #forsuchatimeasthis #IthankmyGod #faces Click To Tweet
Here’s a challenge for you…Start making a list of women that have influenced your life in a positive way. This can go back to the beginning if you wish. If they are deceased, that is OK too. This is your list! Mine was such a blessing to me as I took time to remember each person and what they had done to influence my life.
Sometimes I think we take for granted how we impact others or how they influence us. This was a great exercise for me as I took the time to reflect on how each one helped to shape me.
Mary.Elva.Ruth.Carol.Norma.Liz.Julia.Emily.Rita.Erin.Kathy.Ellen.Deb.Erica.Amanda.Paula.Amy.Anneke.Tina J.Tina S.Ruth.Michelle.Kate.Marjorie.Wendy.Darci.Stephanie.Dianna.Alecia.Karon.Tobi.Jennifer.Muriel.Darlene.Deb H.Leslie.Maryann.Paulette.Evonne.Brenda.Cheryl.Mary.Susan.Marlene.Annabelle.Annie C.Colleen. Danae.Sarah.Linda.Patricia.Lou.Chris.MaryJo.Sandi.Phyllis.Laurel.Patty.Linda.Debbie….and this is just the beginning!
The journal entry I did for this passage reflects each one of these ladies. I had originally thought about putting names on the page and soon realized that there was not enough room! I might try this idea again in another place as an ongoing prayer journal entry.
Here are the steps for this page:
- Treat page with a thin layer of clear gesso. Let dry thoroughly.
- Paint a background with Pearlescent watercolors by Niji. (purchased at JoAnns) Choose your favorite background color. I love the shimmery quality in these particular paints. Let dry.
- I found a drawing of faces in Google images that I printed out or you can draw your own.
- Place drawing behind Bible page with a light box underneath it and draw onto page lightly.
- Sketch lines and details with a thin tip permanent marker. You can do faces if you like. I chose not to do faces as I did not want anyone to identify themselves in the drawing. There are just to many “faces” in my life to capture them all!
- On the opposite page I wrote out the verse in black marker and dated it.
In this particular journaling Bible(Thrive…NLT) I had a blank page to use for my design and the opposite page for the text. If you have only one page to work with, adjust your design and colors accordingly so that your Bible text shows through.
I thank God for all of you. I hope you will reflect on this verse this week and thank God for all the women who have influenced you in your life!