Do you ever feel hopeless? Like you just want to throw your hands up in the air and say I give up? Life can be so overwhelming you just can’t seem to get a foothold on the reality of all that is going on around you?
I had this feeling a few days ago…a feeling I call “circling the drain” (picture a whirlpool here). Nothing was going as I had planned and it seemed as I could do nothing right! I was overwhelmed at all the chaos going on in the world that I could do nothing about. (note to self…stop watching the news) Despair, discouragement and hopelessness set in and I wondered what to do next. Hmmmm………..
I opened my Bible and I prayed….and prayed some more.
Through scripture, God showed up and taught me AGAIN! (Why am I always amazed?) He lead me to Lamentations 3:22-24 where I read, ” The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning: great is your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in Him.”
What great comfort this passage gives me. It is not up to me to make sense of the madness of this world or expect my life to go as I plan it. He is there to give me a fresh start every day. Every day! Thank you Lord for showing me that You are new every morning and Your mercies never come to an end. I know that You are enough and I can always put my hope in You.God showed up and taught me AGAIN! (why am I always amazed?) Click To Tweet
This message is so profound for me that I have trouble putting my feelings into words. This is why I love to journal in my Bible. When I cannot verbalize my thoughts my mind will turn to color and images.
Here are the steps for this page:
- Treat your page with your choice of gesso.
- I used Faber Castell Gelatos for the color. I love the color intensity of these little gems! They look like little lipsticks and are used like water color.
- I scrape off bits of the gelato onto waxed paper. Add water to mix them into a creamy texture. Paint with them as you would with watercolor. The colors are much more intense!
- Paint your page as you wish. Let dry.
- Use white gelato in the same way and apply with a stamp for added interest.
- When completely dry, I lettered the word hope in black.
I first journaled this in August 2016. Back then I only underlined verse 24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.” Today as He was teaching me AGAIN, I underlined verse s 22-23 as well. I love how patient God is and how He reminds me of His steadfast love that never ceases! Over and over, again and again He teaches me to hope in Him.